The Oireachtas Banking Inquiry received nearly 280,000 website page views during the course of the Inquiry, according to web viewership figures published today. The Inquiry live stream had more than 900,000 views online.
Since the establishment of the Banking Inquiry, the Houses of the Oireachtas has endeavoured to allow the public access to evidence, transcripts, videos and a live feed to sittings through the website www.oireachtas.ie/bankinginquiry. These statistics illustrate how successful the Oireachtas has been in creating a Banking Inquiry ‘one stop shop’ for the public, a place where members of the public can access information and documentation on the Inquiry’s proceedings.
Over the course of the Inquiry:
• There were 278,938 website page views.
• The live stream had over 900,000 views online.
• There were 34,109 users over the period.
• There were a total of 94,084 website sessions.
• Busiest day was 16 July 2015 with 7,052 page views.
• 81% of all website visits were from within Ireland, with the UK (7%), US (3%) and Belgium (0.75%) following.
Full details can be accessed here.
All transcripts and videos of public hearings can be accessed here.
Further information on the Oireachtas Banking Inquiry can be accessed on this dedicated website.
All media enquiries in relation to the Oireachtas Banking Inquiry should be addressed to:
Houses of the Oireachtas,
P: +3531 618 3903
F: +3531 618 4551
All general enquiries should be directed to the Committee Secretariat.
t. +353 1 618 3651
Ciarán Lynch (Chairman)
John Paul Phelan
Sean D Barrett